IWCO Manages Dynamic Content with Messagepoint
IWCO Direct is one of the largest providers of direct marketing solutions in North America. Earning customers’ trust by collaborating with North American marketers for more than 40 years, the company’s full range of direct mail and marketing services includes one of the industry’s most sophisticated postal logistics strategies. Guided by the “Power Your Marketing™” approach, the company produces highly personalized paper-based and digital marketing programs with impactful design, disciplined execution and measurable response to inspire performance across all marketing channels.
IWCO Direct needed a micro-segmentation solution to maximize the value of personalization and targeted messaging relative to direct mail and segmentation marketing strategies, leveraging their world class inkjet and variable data publishing infrastructure.
They also needed a solution that offered a user friendly experience, one that enabled IWCO Direct’s clients to create, manage, test, and approve the messaging, rules, and personalization within communications, on screen as it would look in production, without the involvement of their clients’ IT or technical resources.
On top of this, IWCO Direct required a system with centralized control of campaigns. A system that gave their clients at the corporate level the needed level of oversight and control of messaging and rules within regional level communications.
Building a solution to meet these complex requirements was a consideration, however, this path was considered to be an overly time-consuming and expensive option for IWCO Direct. Instead, they chose Messagepoint as the solution to meet their sophisticated needs.
Benefits of the Messagepoint Solution
Leveraging Messagepoint, IWCO Direct now has access to a powerful, award-winning hybrid-cloud based content and rules management platform that simplifies the creation and management of personalized communications. Messagepoint has solved IWCO Direct’s sophisticated business requirements and offered numerous benefits to IWCO Direct’s customers including:
- Real-time dynamic content business rule validation through online proofing of wireframe layouts populated with final content.
- Improved control of variable and static content by way of permission-based user identification.
- An integrated workflow that provides enhanced communication efficiency and content change management approval.
- Reduced cycle time and labor by reusing and sharing content
- Shifting creative design process to focus on dynamic design vs. content versions significantly reduces costs.
- Ability to rapidly expand versioning within campaigns
“We are achieving huge gains in speed-to-market, and more importantly in customer experience improvements for our clients through advanced personalization and targeting.”
Dave Johannes, SVP Operations, IWCO
Results of the Messagepoint Solution
With Messagepoint now in production since 2015 and being used by many enterprise clients of IWCO Direct across numerous verticals, there have been many beneficial results, including:
- Improved time to market, with cycle time for change management now measured in hours instead of days.
- Targeted variable messaging and offers.
- Repeatable and controlled processes that leverage significant automation result in more efficient direct mail projects.
- Automated workflow in Messagepoint reduces production turnaround time.
- Change management is controlled via workflow in Messagepoint